31 March 2014

Another Kind of Doomsday

Today's doomsday is a lot scarier than the one I had last week. Today my staycation is over and I have to go back to work.

It was not nearly as successful as I thought it would be. The week seemed to fly by. I did get three chapter edits done, but that's pretty much it. No agent research, no working on a resume or query letter. No A to Z posts written. I wanted to get so much more done, but it just didn't happen.

So yes, I'm starting the A to Z challenge tomorrow without a single post written ahead of time. I know how horrible this is. But I've also been a procrastinator all my life, so it should turn out ok. Hopefully I'll be able to get some posts done in my free time instead of writing them all daily. That could be a disaster.

Some kinda sorta good news--I went over my bills and figured out how much money I need every month, and based on my savings right now, I could survive 13 months without a job. This is good because it's a lot more than I thought it would be. I was really only planning on being jobless for 3 to 4 months at the most. So I'm thinking that this plan could work out. There are a lot of things I have to do before I put in my notice at work, though, but I want to get them done as soon as possible. I've really wasted enough of my life at this job already.

Oh wow, is this the most depressing day ever? I think I'm making the right decision, but I do want to finish my second draft first. That way I'd be in a good place with my writing and honestly, I want to get reactions from the people I work with who are reading it.

Well, I suppose it's almost time to get ready for work. Boo hiss.

6 comments:

  1. You say you can survive 13 months. Did you take into account the small things nobody thinks of. My mother always used to say "don't forget the bootlaces". You need to make allowances for all the small things that happen every week. I do hope you can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I did my first a to z with no prep. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I just discovered your blog via the A to Z site. Looks like we have a few things in common! This is my first time blogging A to Z, and yep, I have not a post prepared yet either. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you get started with the AZ Challenge momentum should carry you through. You may never want to write another post when it's over, but that feeling will pass too (eventually).

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. You are a great find on the A to Z
    This is my first year all the best
    http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/
    Twitter: WriterBizWoman

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going through the A to Z for the first time (almost didn't, seemed really daunting), but you gotta throw caution in the wind every now and then. Best of luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete