15 February 2016

The Muse Party Blogfest: (Anti-) Valentine's Day Edition!

The day has finally arrived! It's February 15, which aside from being the day after Valentine's Day, also happens to be my musiversary with Jordan. So we're throwing another Muse Party! All of my blogger buddies who signed up will be showing up with their muses or characters and sharing their love and/or hate of Valentine's Day! Let's get started!

I know I usually give Jordan the blue font when we share a post, but since love is in the air, today we're going with red.
Love is in the air? Someone call an exterminator. 
ANYWAY. For this party, I've added pictures! They were a lot of fun to make so I hope you enjoy. I apologize for how long this post will be, and for any inappropriate comments made (not by me...). Let's get to the questions!


1. Who did you bring to the party? Is he/she your Valentine or anti-Valentine?
Since it’s our party and our musiversary, I of course brought Jordan to the party.
Against my will, I should add.
That’s not true! You’re excited, admit it!
Nope. Hate Valentine’s Day. Romance. Stupid. Blech.
Uh-huh. We’re the epitome of anti-Valentines in case that wasn’t painfully obvious. I think listing all of the reasons would take all day.

2. Which one of you is the more romantic person?
Uhhhh you, obviously, with your “I’ve only kissed one guy my whole life” crap. I’ve never done any romantic thing. Ever.
Yet! What about Adam?
SPOILERS. How about we get the first book done before jumping to the third one?
Don’t change the subject! You luuuuuuuuuurve him.
DO NOT. I’m only 20! That’s still a good two years away from being a thing.
Jordan and Adam sitting in a tree…
For the love of God, shut up! The only reason he even exists is to save me from YOU.
Excuse me?
Everyone thinks I’m the mean one but you basically TORTURE me in the second book. I mean, really. WRITERS.
So I give you a nice boyfriend in Book 3.
Exactly.
You’re welcome!
………

3. What gift are you giving to your (anti) Valentine?
I got you a box of chocolates! Wait, where did they go?
I may have found them earlier… *burp*
Oooook. What did you get me?
Condoms.
That’s creepy on so many levels.
No, it’s incredibly practical. You need them more than I do. At least I can’t get knocked up. No one wants to end up like my mom, Sarah! 
Riiiiiiiiiihgt. You still need them, though.
Not for everything…

4. Are you guys wearing red or pink (or black...)? 
Well, I did just buy this great pink dress, and since it’s the internet, I’m going to pretend if fits without Spanx. But black tights! Mostly because I like black tights.
Pink is pretty much the last color you will ever catch me in. I’m going with black just because. But with a pop of red, you know, to be festive.
A tie? I thought you didn’t care about this party enough to dress up.
Yeah, I’m just hoping some cute boys show up.

5. Did you bring any Valentine’s Day treats?
Don’t say it…
I made cupcakes!
You’re so predictable.
But they’re my Valentine’s Day cupcakes! I had to make them. You know you want one…
Can’t talk. Eating.


6. Name a song for our Love Playlist or Anti-Love Playlist (or both)!
I’m going to add Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years” for the Love Playlist. Because I’ve decided it should be you and Adam’s song. Because you luuuuuuuuurve him.
You’re not allowed to watch Twilight movies anymore.
Ok, then Mr. Rock Star, what’s your anti-love song?
Hmm…so many choices. I can only pick one?
Yes.
Uhhh….I don’t think so. I choose several. I’ll do you a favor and only pick songs you have. Otherwise this could take me a week. Plus it will be easier for you to put it together for me.
I hate you.


7. Got a great anti/Valentine party game?
We could always play spin the bottle again…
After the stunt you pulled last time? I don’t think so!
Pardon me for trying to keep things interesting.
You just don’t want to have to kiss a girl.
You just don’t want to have to kiss ANYONE.

8. Feeling the love or just feeling nauseous? How will you have fun at the party?
I’m nauseous, but it’s probably from eating too many sweets…
Well, since so many people showed up to my party, I’m definitely feeling the love!

9. Has your muse been a good Valentine?
Not even a little bit.
You see? She’s so mean to me.
You didn’t let me finish! You’re the perfect anti-Valentine! And I’m just fine with that.
Can you go back to being mean? I’ll take mean over mushy any day.

Wait, where's my bonus question? Don't you want presents???
Right, because our Valentine's Day presents to each other went so well. If other people want to give us musiversary presents, that's up to them! 
Booooooooooooooooo. 
It's going to be a fun party! I can't wait to see the answers from everyone else!
I need a nap.


Remember, you can still sign up and post through the end of today! Thanks to everyone for coming to my party!!! 

33 comments:

  1. Hehehe, I grinned through the whole interview. I think I like your Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, grinned through your entire post. I always love checking in with Jordan.

    This was a fun bloghop/fest. Thanks for hosting, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cartoons. And the cupcakes. Yum, and so little calories too! Thanks for having us. I'll send over the industrial waste management team tomorrow, and again, I apologize for my muse. He knows not what he does. Oh wait. He does know and just doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best part of virtual snacks--you can eat all you want and you won't gain weight ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the cartoons. What software do you choose to do them? Great post, you made laugh. Very entertaining.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used Bitstrips. It's pretty easy and I love how they came out!

      Delete
  5. i had fun just listening to you two banter! happy anti valentine musiversay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! We could banter all day but I had to cut it off at some point.

      Delete
  6. Jordan is something else, as usual! And let him know I got him something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan is something I can barely describe. Unfortunately I'm forced to do it all the time. Thanks for the present! He'll love it!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like Jordan is still full of ... snark!
    It was nice to hear from him again.

    Great party and delicious cupcakes!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Your muse gave you condoms. Jordan is a riot. I love his answers. And those pictures were great. Thanks for inviting me and Ena to the party! We hope you'll have another one...like for Halloween. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do one for Halloween! Jordan definitely isn't into costumes but I've got plenty of time to convince him otherwise. :D

      Delete
  9. Can always rely on Jordan for snark. Awesome party, again. Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely brings the snark on a daily basis :)

      Delete
  10. I love Jordan - he makes me laugh out loud every time I read about him. The cartoons were great! Thanks so much for inviting us to your party - sorry about Jari and the whole goat/fire thing, I swear I'll make him clean it up....I totally agree with Chrys - I'd love to attend a Halloween muse party :)! Hope you and Jordan are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having fun! I'm sure some people would be adventurous enough to try the goat...

      Delete
  11. So nice to see you both again. You throw a great online party :-) I'm glad Jordan liked his shirt. Could a snag a couple of extra cupcakes to take home for the kiddos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming! It's the internet, so they're are infinite cupcakes :D

      Delete
  12. Your muse sounds very mature and sensible if a bit impatient. But cupcakes make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience definitely isn't one of his stronger qualities.

      Delete
  13. Pink isn't my favorite color either, but red works. Sorry Jordan couldn't hold up under all the party pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. He'd rather sleep than do most things.

      Delete
  14. Hehehehe I love the banter you two have going on. Definitely keeping Nick and Jordan away from each other. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when we get muses together it always leads to trouble...

      Delete
  15. Love the graphics and the banter. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's such a great dynamic between you two. Great fun!
    So, Jordan... Tell me more about this--uhm--it was Adam, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Adam?" Jordan says. "Adam who? I don't know any Adams."
      He can't even try to play this game because Adam is his friend for 6 years before they get together. Nice try, though.
      "Stop telling everyone about my future! You're *supposed* to be writing about my past first! Remember? Miss Writer Lady? Who never does any writing???"
      Oh, be quiet.

      Delete
  17. You guys make me laugh! Love the pics too. Thumbs up for the cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hah! This was cute!

    ReplyDelete