25 May 2015

The Muse Party Blogfest!!!!!

The day has finally arrived! It's time for The Muse Party Blogfest! Now I can finally stop trying to pimp it out...

I wanted to throw this party to celebrate my fourth blogging anniversary. I can't believe it's been so long! I still feel like I'm getting the hang of it. So I decided to throw a party where my fellow bloggers can come and bring along their muses (or characters from their books). It should be lots of fun! If you'd still like to sign up, the Linky List will be live for the rest of the day.

Onto the party!!! Everything is set up and the guests should be arriving shortly. We've got balloons, an open bar, karaoke, and a giant snack table! My muse is awake...
Barely…
*ahem* Since Jordan wasn't going to let me run this whole show on my own, he gets the blue font so you'll know when he's talking. I told him to keep his swearing to a minimum. 
Wait, what? Motherf---
Let's get started! For this blogfest, everyone had to answer the same questions about how they and their muses would act at the party. So Jordan and I will be playing along as well.

I know I promised you guys a picture but it turns out I just really can't draw. Like, at all. Especially people. I tried, really! My fiance has dabbled in cartoons and even tried and he doesn't even know what Jordan looks like. So yeah. Didn't happen. *womp womp*

1. Who is your muse (or character)? Tell us a little bit about him/her and why you brought them.
I think we’re good, right? Everyone knows you already.
EXCUSE ME? Are you trying deny me the spotlight??
Oh, all right. This sassy SOB is my muse, Jordan. He’s been attached to my brain like a leech for a little over four years now. He’s the lead singer of a band with his friends, has the biggest sweet tooth anyone’s ever had, and is mildly sociopathic (Like seriously, don’t get on his bad side. You’ll regret it). He’s also the main character in my WIP, which we will hopefully finish someday. I brought him because he’s my only muse and pretty much the only POV I write from so he basically runs my life.
Sounds about right. 

2. What are you guys wearing? Dressing up or keeping it casual?
I’m definitely dressing up! I will take any chance to wear a pretty dress and high heels.
You’re such a girl.
Well, yeah. What about you?
Well, I’m not gonna go nuts and wear a suit or anything. Probably just jeans, a t-shirt, and a nice jacket or something.
You wear skinny jeans more than I do.
Don’t you have to go take six hours to straighten your hair or something?

3. It’s a potluck! Did you bring something yummy!
I made my lemon raspberry cupcakes, of course!
I brought enough guacamole to feed a small country.
Did you bring tortilla chips?
How is that my job??

4. Open bar! What are you both drinking (booze or otherwise)?
My go-to bar drink is usually Malibu and pineapple juice.
Yeah, I’ll just have what she’s having. I’ll probably have some shots later.
Uh, no. He’ll have some tea.
WHAT?!
Water, then? You’re 19.
I’m a muse. I’m ageless. I can be whatever age I want to be. Plus you’ve been working on Book 3 so I’m 22.
Well, I’ve been working on Book 1, too, and you’re 15 in that so your argument is irrelevant. No booze.
You’re no fun. I mean, really. Zero fun.

5. Wallflowers or social butterflies?
I’m usually a wallflower but it’s my party so I guess I should play host, at least. I may need a few drinks first…
I can’t have any booze and I highly doubt there will be anyone here I could even try to flirt with so I’m just gonna sulk in the corner.
Oh, come on. Have a little fun.
HOW?! You’ve taken away the only two good things about going to a party. Alcohol and the chance to get laid.
Just wait and see…

6. What song(s) will you and your muse sing for karaoke?
FINALLY. My moment has arrived! Wait, do I only get one???!!!!
There are a lot of people who will want to sing, too.
Yeah, but if I go first no one will want to follow me.
Be nice, please.
This has nothing to do with being nice. This is about being talented.
How about we each get our own song and then do one together?
*sigh* Fine. I'm always up for singing "Satisfaction."
It’s practically your theme song. Well, I have to sing “Ordinary Day” because it’s our song!
Please don’t get sappy on me. We’re singing “Centuries” together.
What?! No! I suck at that song.
I don’t! *evil laugh* Do not even try to pretend like you don’t want to sing Fall Out Boy with me.
Maybe a little bit.
Suuuuuuuuuuure.

7. What’s your favorite party game?
Everyone do a shot every time Jordan rolls his eyes!
HEY. How about spin the bottle? But no do-overs if you land on the same sex.
Ok, but no do-overs if you land on the opposite sex.
DAMN.
I’m not playing. I’ve only kissed one person my entire life and I’m keeping it that way.
Don’t be so uptight! Someone get her another drink…

8. Which one of you is more likely to end up dancing on a table top?
Agh! I guess me because I’m the only one drinking.
If I was drinking I’d probably say something stupid and then pass out. I’m a sad drunk. I don’t know how that happened.
I just talk too much when I drink. So I’d say there won’t be any table dancing. Hopefully.

9. Has your muse been a good date and would you ever hang out with them again?
You’re ok, I guess.
Gee, thanks.
Oh, who am I kidding? I would totally hang out with you again. You’ve got this weird hold on me.
Well, if this ever happens again and I can’t bring an actual date, I guess you’d be my first choice.
Aw, you’re so sweet.
That wasn’t even a little bit sweet.
It’s about as sweet as you get so I’ll take it.

Thanks to everyone participating in the blogfest and whoever is crazy enough to read through my posts (especially this one)! Be sure to check out the other names on the list and see who else is coming to the party!!

56 comments:

  1. Brilliant banter between the two of you. I get the feeling you two love each other deep down even though you get on each others' nerves. This is going to be an entertaining party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think "love" is in Jordan's vocabulary, LOL.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I enjoyed the banter. Taking a similar approach, but... without stating the questions outright. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think banter just comes naturally when we talk to our muses :)

      Delete
  3. Funny, my muse has a dirty mouth too sometimes. Well, what can you do? It sounds like you have your mental hands full keeping this guy under control. Thanks for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have a bit of a dirty mouth in real life, too. But it didn't really start until Jordan showed up. Interesting...

      Delete
  4. That was hilarious!
    Sorry I didn't bring chips.
    Jordan is so snarky. I like him.
    Thanks for hosting the blogfest, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun stuff, Sarah! And, Jordan, too, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll have to do a run for tortilla chips...I'm sure there are a few introverts who would love the chance to escape for supplies!

    A great kick-off to what I think will be a great party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right! I think a lot of the writers are wallflowers while the muses are more extroverted!

      Delete
  7. Entertaining as always, you too! And why did I have to click on the link to look at those cupcakes?! I would kill for one of those cupcakes right now. *elbows over to food table and eats three* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you write this kind of dialogue in your books....excellent.

    Great party! Thanks for inviting all of us! Time to mingle a bit and find out where Nigel went. :)

    Enjoy the celery!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I think the celery will disappear when you're not looking ;)

      Delete
  9. Yup, we've all become acquainted with Jordan before this party, but it's always fun to get to know him more. "Sassy SOB..." Ha! That does kind of describe him, doesn't it? Sorry, Jordan! ;P

    This is a fun party, Sarah! I'm glad you set this up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he'd mind! Actually he'd probably agree with that description :)

      Delete
  10. I love how he's fifteen, nineteen and twenty-two all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always looks the same to me, which seems to be the weirder part...

      Delete
  11. Wish I could have signed up, but I'm barely going to be stopping in to say hi to a few people before I hie myself off on a vacation. I'm going to miss those cupcakes you whipped up for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *LOL* That was hilarious! Jordan does have a point about muses being ageless, but as an old mama here, I couldn't live with letting him have alcohol either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just have to make sure he doesn't sneak back to the bar when I'm not looking!

      Delete
  13. Jordan has the sassitude! Great dialogue! And, I'm with Samantha - I love how he's all those ages at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love his sass, except the whole dealing with it every day thing, LOL.

      Delete
  14. "WHY have Jordan and I not been hanging out with each other 'til now?" Will Scarlet demands.

    Dunno, dude. Maybe because you only just heard of him?

    "Sad excuse. This party's the shiz! Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me come!"

    ...He says like my permission had a darn thing to do with any of this. Ah, well. Cheers, all! Our lovely hostess especially, with whom I can tell at a glance I've got some significant points in common. X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just afraid Will and Jordan will get along *too* well...

      Delete
  15. I'd offer to go buy chips, but I'm not leaving my muse unsupervised. She's already plotting on spiking Jordan's drink for him because she thinks it'd be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun post!
    I hope you don't go through Jordan-withdrawal after you finish his series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling he'll stick around to bother, err...help me with other projects!

      Delete
  17. Thanks for hosting this blogfest! It's been fun.

    Your muse sounds like an interesting kid. Wonder what he'll be like when he grows up! And who forgets the chips, seriously? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll probably be just as snarky as an adult, LOL.

      Delete
  18. Jordan reminds me of my 16 year old. He can be fun, but he's such a drama queen, lol. Love the lemon cup cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, so fun! CONGRATULATIONS, SARAH!! This was so fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was so much fun to write, thanks for the party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boys! I have two teenagers. Drama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't think I could deal with the real thing!

      Delete
  22. The love for feel for each other is obvious. Thanks for hosting the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd agree with you but Jordan will never admit it!

      Delete
  23. This is awesome! Loved the banter between you two - you can tell you love each other deep down ;). Thanks so much for setting this party and blogfest up, I've had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that was fun! jordan is always a fun time over here =)
    and i think we should do a real live karaoke party on some kind of face time or something!
    great party, Sarah! thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! Real karaoke? I think I'd be too scared, LOL.

      Delete
  25. I saw that Jordan really ended up enjoying the party, especially since there were so many girls his age or close to it, to dance/sing/play with! Love the whole multi-generational thing you had going here today! Lisa @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was quite a range of ages, wasn't there?
      Err, well, this is awkward...but Jordan wasn't looking at any girls, trust me!

      Delete
  26. I love the conversation you had in this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy fourth bloggeversary! Hope it's a great one.

    I don't have a muse, per se, but if I did, it'd probably be like Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL. Great conversations, as always when Jordan is around! :) I've had a lot of fun reading everyone's entries for this - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how detailed and rich Jordan is. Great banter. I do not have a muse. I just find time and go from their. I think that each story has inspired me in a different way and I would have a different muse for each.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Too bad I missed this event. Sounds fun. But I had to write a paper for the university.
    Best wiahea,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete