04 May 2015

Jordan Takes Over: The Reluctant Co-host

**The first Monday of every month, I let my muse take over the blog. I apologize in advance.**

Did you miss me?? Is everyone sleeping? Well, that's what I was doing all through April while all of you were losing your minds, so I'm all nice and refreshed! Anyone out there??

Anyway, if you were awake (or sane) enough to stop over here on Friday, you may have seen a certain announcement. We're throwing a party! Yay? Ok, look. Parties aren't really my thing. I don't have a great history with them (looooooooong story). So now I'm forced into not only going to one, but co-hosting it?!! Ugh.

But I'm not going to be the one who ruins everything. I'd need a good reason to do that. And I guess I'm not the most helpful of muses so I can at least help out with this. Plus it could be fun and not a disaster. Who knows? What I do know is that YOU (Yes, you. The one reading this right now.) should come! Why? So you can show off your muse and see how well you two would interact. Plus you get to come to a party! Normal people like that, right?


All right, so I'm gonna tell you all of the details in case you missed them. So if you want to come (because you do), here's what you have to do. The party is happening on Monday, May 25. You can bring your muse or one of your characters. On that day, answer the questions below on your blog.

1. Who is your muse (or character)? Tell us a little bit about him/her and why you brought them. 
2. What are you guys wearing? Dressing up or keeping it casual?
3. It's a potluck! Did you bring something yummy?
4. Open bar! What are you both drinking (booze or otherwise)? 
5. Wallflowers or social butterflies? 
6. What song(s) will you and your muse sing for karaoke?
7. What's your favorite party game?
8. Which one of you is more likely to end up dancing on a table top?
9. Has your muse been a good date and would you ever hang out with them again? 

That's pretty much it. I'll even make it easy for you and leave the sign up list below. Go on! You know you want to! You'll have a great time. Will I have a great time? Well, that's debatable. Let me guess! You all have chicks for muses so there aren't going to be any hot guys at this party. *longest sigh ever* I mean, I haven't made out with a girl since...well, since the last party I went to, actually. Weird. But! Don't think I didn't notice that there's going to be karaoke. I'm going to put all of you guys to shame. You've been warned.

All right, that's about it. Was I persuasive enough? I hope so. It's kinda my thing.

JP

28 comments:

  1. Sorry, Jordan and Sarah, for missing this on Friday. I like the sound of this blog hop, though. Luckily, I have a short post schedule on that day, so I am singing up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party sounds like fun, though I have never and will never dance on top of a table; if someone tried to make me, I'd run away screaming. So I guess that makes me a wallflower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like neither of us would end up on the table so I'm still figuring that one out...

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a more fun party than most of the ones I've been to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Or maybe it's just because I'm really awkward at real parties...

      Delete
  4. Wish I could enter this one! Hope you do it again in the year. Christmas Party? I'm getting ready for a break and am cutting back on all things that hop! I'll get around to say hi to all who are partying, though. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaks are good, especially after A to Z. But I'm a crazy person :P

      Delete
  5. I'm already signed up and this Saturday will give the party a shout over at Story Dam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it could get a little crazy! Make sure to take videos of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! If only it was real...

      Delete
  7. Interesting Blogfest. I may be taking the rest of May off to rest from A to Z. Maybe not. I'll decide soon so I might double back and sign up for the Blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok if you need to rest, but you'd certainly be welcome to join in!!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE this!! Sounds like so much fun, can't wait for May 25th! And will definitely be tossing the invite out there to my blog readers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really have a muse. Can I fake it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? You could always bring a character from one of your books, too!

      Delete
  10. I have a muse, but he is a foul-mouthed SOB. So I'll have to think about whether I can tame him enough for a public appearance. If not, maybe I drag along a character. Either way, count me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please bring your muse! The only reason this post wasn't filled with swears is that I told Jordan to tone it down on the blog. You should see how he usually talks.

      Delete
  11. I signed up! I'll be camping that week, so why not leave the muse in charge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I hope you have a responsible muse :)

      Delete
  12. sounds like fun - my muse could use a party break, he's been pretty busy at keeping me busy!
    thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! Maybe your muse could give my muse some pointers since I never feel like writing anything...

      Delete
  13. Hey what a fun idea. I'm deep in edits and synopsis/query writing, but if I get a break (and my muse is awake) I'll definitely sign up later on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muses sleep a lot, don't they?? Hope you can join in!

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a fun party. Unfortunately I'll be away for a long weekend, but I hope everyone has fun. And I would probably wear jeans and a t-shirt and bring tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete