18 January 2016

The Muse Party Blogfest: (Anti-) Valentine's Day Edition

Blow up the balloons and grab your party hats, it's time for another muse party! After two seconds of much debating, I've decided it would be fun to get all of our muses and characters together for another day of shenanigans. But this time, there's a theme!


That's right, this party is a Valentine's Day muse party! Well, sort of. While I'm sure none of us are romantically involved with our muses (that would be weird on so many levels...), we do still love them (sometimes). Whether you have a real life Valentine or not, you may love Valentine's Day or hate it. I actually can't stand it most of the time, but since this party has absolutely nothing to do with sappy romance and greeting cards, I thought it would be fun.

It just so happens that my musiversary (that's muse anniversary for those of you playing at home) with Jordan falls on the day after Valentine's Day. So he's kind of always been my anti-Valentine. This year marks our fifth musiversary, so it seemed like a great time to celebrate and throw a party! 

So it's kind of an anti-Valentine's Day party. But also a Valentine's Day party. Basically it's whatever you want it to be. We're celebrating the most nauseating of holidays along with the most dysfunctional relationships we probably have--the ones with our muses. 

All right, I'll stop rambling! The details! The Valentine's Day Muse Party Blogfest will take place on Monday, February 15. I'll be hosting the party here and you and your muse can come! On that day you can post on your blog and answer the questions I've provided. I'll be answering them, too, and visiting all the other blogs to check out your answers! 

If you don't have a muse or don't want to bring them, feel free to bring a character from one of your books (published or not!). If you came to the first party, you can bring the same muse/character or someone different. Maybe we'll get to see how much we and our muses really love each other...

Here are the questions:

1. Who did you bring to the party? Is he/she your Valentine or anti-Valentine?
2. Which one of you is the more romantic person?
3. What gift are you giving to your (anti) Valentine?
4. Are you guys wearing red or pink (or black...)? 
5. Did you bring any Valentine's Day treats? 
6. Name a song for our Love Playlist or Anti-Love Playlist (or both)! 
7. Got a great anti/Valentine party game? 
8. Feeling the love or just feeling nauseous? How will you have fun at the party?
9. Has your muse been a good Valentine? 

*Jordan's Bonus Question (feel free to ignore him...): Did you bring me & Sarah a musiversary gift? (Because we've put up with each other for five years and I think we deserve something.)

Feel free to add any other details you'd like to share! And be as pro or anti-Valentine's Day as you'd like. Or both if you and your muse differ. Sign up on the Linky List below to participate! 

20 comments:

  1. I'm all signed up, and I think I shall let my current main character take a crack at answering. Fear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited! You should do one of these every year with a special theme. I personally can't wait for a Halloween Muse Party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to be in love with my muse, but he's a weird kind of muppet creature, so that's just not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All signed up! SO excited for this :D!! I love your muse parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I can participate but I can bring a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be on vacation then, but be happy to promote it for you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah - sounds a good blog-fest .. and I'm sure people will enjoy - I'll see you around. Cheers though on 5 years ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun. I think I may just have to enter this one :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I was thinking I'll bring someone else along this time, but I don't know, Darrion seems incensed at the thought of that, so we'll see. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I'd love to, I'm slowing down and backing away. So much to do and so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My muse is a creature with multiple faces which is just weird/creepy/crazy! I'll pop in and bring some chocolate and say happy anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so fun!

    https://ficklemillennial.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always so much fun over here!
    I'm in!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. My muse and I have a love hate relationship. Not sure if chocolate and flowers will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like fun! I think I will bring one of my characters. Great idea for a fest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am joining the fun as my pseudonym Roe on Wordpress. I can't get blogger to let my wordpress comment here for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't really have a muse, so I think I'll do a main character for this. I'll have to figure which one before the 15th haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds fun.
    The posts for this should be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I joined and advertised the party on my blog--here is the link. http://www.junetakey.com/posts/join-muse-party-blogfest-anti-valentine-valentine/

    ReplyDelete