02 December 2020

Is It Next Year Yet?

It's the first Wednesday of the month, which means it's the posting day for the Insecure Writer's Support Group! Click here to learn more and sign up!


Can you believe it's December already? I'm sure everyone is excited for the year to be over. I think we can't help but hope that next year will be better. I mean, how could it possibly get any worse (knock on wood)??

For me, I really think I need some kind of a reboot. I'm stuck in a rut. I don't even have the desire to work on writing. Every once in a while I'll try to get into it, or at least try to get organized and make a plan, but I never follow through. I think the start of a new year could really help motivate me. I asked for a new planner for Christmas (and if I don't get it, I'll just buy it myself lol), one that's even fancier than the one I used this year. And more stickers! I want to be extra organized and really make plans for working on writing and other goals I want to accomplish. 

Part of why I haven't been writing is that I've been focused on other things, which I don't really feel bad about. I started back on Weight Watchers on September 21, and I've lost 25 pounds since then. I've been going to the gym five days a week, too, and it's all really paying off. But it definitely leaves me even more exhausted than I was just working my day job (and that already leaves me feeling pretty exhausted!). But, again, I think getting more organized and planning my weeks ahead of time will help me balance everything. 

I've also already finished my Christmas shopping! I was very determined to finish before December began, and I made my last online purchase on November 30. I knew the longer I waited, the longer it was going to take to have things shipped, so I just wanted it over with. I just have to wait for a couple more shipments and then I'll just have to put everything together. I've always been into making gift baskets and I got a lot of good ideas this year so I'm excited to put them together. 

So, that's about it. I'm focusing on losing weight and getting myself organized for next year. Then when January hits, I hope I'll have a better writing schedule figured out.

Are you ready for this year to end? Have you started your holiday shopping? 

26 comments:

  1. Hi,
    You have a plan and that's important. Once you get yourself organized and achieve the weight goal that you have set out for yourself, you'll be able to concentrate on your writing.
    All the best.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a safe passage into 2021.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss program. That's great! Try not to be too hard on yourself about your writing. It's very hard to write all the time and be productive when you have a full-time job and other interests and responsibilities. Maybe you'll be able to consider that in making your plans for next year. Life's too short not to focus on other important things in your life too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be good to start all over again next year. So keep doing what you're doing now (congrats on the weight loss) and let your writing batteries recharge. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss and on the consistent exercising! That is no easy feat, and you should be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on losing weight! You may be tired but bet you feel better.
    I wasn't much more productive this year. We'll both do better next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being focused on other things is fine and definitely not something to be sorry about. Sometimes writing as to take the back seat when we have to and want to focus on other things. You'll get back to writing when it's time and you're able/want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I admire all that you're doing. It seems there's a pill nowadays for everything...there should be one for organization and determination. I'll take a dozen bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new planner will get you motivated. Congrats on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Way to go with your health goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely don't feel bad about being focused on other things. I think our brains need the break once in a while.

    I love all the promise and potential of a new planner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've found my writing productivity dips when I'm actively exercising and dieting. I think it's one of those things where you can only handle so much on your plate. I think you're doing awesome, losing 25 pounds is amazing, and planners are a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay you!!! You're doing a fabulous job taking care of you - and that's the most important bit - the rest will come later :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so envy you your gym. I miss my workouts and my friends like crazy. Our gym's been closed since March! It's been hard to keep to an exercise routine, and my body is feeling it. Maybe 2021 will see us turned around on this shut down. We can only hope. Have great holiday season and congrats on keeping in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope all the planning goes well for you! Hooray for stickers in planners.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would definitely like to start this year over. I would have hugged a lot more people in January if I knew what was to come.

    Congrats on the weightloss! My gym re-opened yesterday after another month-long lockdown, which means I get to go back to work today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you are very focused and forward thinking. Good for you on the weight loss and thank you for reminding me I better get cracking on the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I look forward to 2021, yes! No, we haven't started our holiday shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't been writing much for a while too. But I found that when I must write, when I'm under a deadline, I do. That's why several years ago, I joined the blog hop WEP. Every two month, we write a flash story on a theme and publish it on our blogs. So I have to write at least 6 flash fiction stories a year for the WEP. Even if I don't write anything else during that year, these stories keep me in the groove. And the feedback of the other WEP members is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your weight loss, that is impressive! I just got my new 2021 planner with stickers! I LOVE it and it did inspire me to come up with plans for the new year, at least to get started with a plan:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your successes! That's amazing. I'm definitely ready for next year . . .and at the same time I worry it will just feel like an extension of this one. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  21. You wrote: "Every once in a while I'll try to get into it, or at least try to get organized and make a plan, but I never follow through." That's how I've felt. No follow through. The lockdown, not seeing my kids and g'kids has left me bereft. I know it's for my own (and my husband's) good, but it hurts. I pray that 2021 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a good plan. Stay careful out there, though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome! Will you be posting pics of any of the gift baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that's an awesome weight loss accomplishment. I wish I could get on and stick to a lower sugar diet, but I'm a stress eater and these days have been plenty stressful. I don't know if I'll attempt to seriously write any time soon. I'm just letting my kids' schoolwork take over my brain, but hopefully, that's worth it to help them through this crazy year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm in the same place with my writing; I've lacked motivation for a while now. I always get the urge to start planning and goal setting in mid December, so like you I'm hoping to get my mojo back in the New Year.
    I've also finished my Christmas shopping, and most of my wrapping. I want it all out of the way early this year so I could relax in December for once.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Congratulations on your weight loss. I too am ready for a do-over in 2021. We got a pass on Christmas shopping this year because we're buying a house. Anytime we can spend with family with be the best gift we can give or receive. Wishing you all the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete