07 August 2015

Save the Good Idea for Monday...

I had an idea for a blog post today, because I did a whole lot of thinking and a little bit of writing last night. I thought it would be great to talk about that--the things I figured out, things I still need to figure out. But the more I thought about it, I realized...it's really more of a Monday kind of post.

Fridays aren't really heavy traffic days for blogging. A lot of bloggers don't post on Fridays; others will do short posts to sum up their weeks or just tell you what they're doing over the weekend. For me, at least, I get a lot less comments on Fridays than on a Monday or Wednesday. So I thought, do I want to use my good idea on a day where I won't get a lot of feedback? Heck no! So yeah, this post is going to be a bit of a throwaway. But I'm ok with that.

With the writing I did last night I managed to come up with a new first line for UL. I'm not crazy about the line itself, but the concept is where I want it to be. I think I'll need to rewrite it a few times to where it's exactly the line I want. I'm not entirely sure if I want to share the line in Monday's blog post. I would love to get people's reactions to it, to see if maybe it's already good enough and I'm just overthinking it. But I certainly don't want people to feel obligated to rewrite it for me. Actually, I would hate that. I want to write my own first line. So maybe I won't share it, but talk about what's going on with it.

Other than the first line/first scene/first chapter nonsense, the only other thing going on is that it's my birthday on Sunday! Remind me to change the age in my bio on Monday to 28. Honestly, I kinda hate birthday time. I'm not really a center of attention kind of person. I don't need gifts but asking for money feels weird. And I really really really hate all the Facebook messages from people I haven't talked to in years. But anyway, my fiance and I are going out for dinner tonight and my dad's making his world famous cheeseburgers for me on Sunday. There goes my diet!

Well, that's about it. What is everyone else doing this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Have a very happy birthday! I save my good ideas for Monday or Wednesday blog posts too. I've no plans for the weekend except to enjoy the lovely weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy your birthday celebrations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only recently cottoned onto the fact that more people visit my blog on Mondays than on Fridays! I think it's a good idea to save it til Monday :), I'm looking forward to discovering more about your first line - you've got me intrigued now. Happy Birthday for Sunday! I hope you have a lovely day :) - and enjoy those cheeseburgers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday early!
    Now you know why I only post on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!
    I plan on reading this weekend, seeing my family (as usual) and then nothing.
    I have to send out a manuscript or two next week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, there's kind of a deserting of blogs over the weekend. I'm returning my IWSG comments from Wednesday on Saturday just because my week got taken over by other stuff. Glad to hear you've had a breakthrough, it's funny how that one first line can change the whole way you think about the book, if you come up with a good one. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't really paid attention to this phenomenon.. I blog on Sundays at 10 am... That's like the schedule of my blog.. A post every Sunday. I don't prefer blogging every day of the week, unless it's a really amazing occasion and I wish to celebrate it by writing a blog post about it!
    Though the concept of posting the best idea on Monday seems cool.. I must try this out when I'm tired of my every Sunday blogging schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete