21 September 2015

The Productivity Curse

I'll keep this short because I'm kinda feeling like crap. My fiance has had a cold for about a week and I think I finally got it. It's mostly just a cough but since it's the first day of the cold AND just so happens to also be the first day of a certain time of the month (TMI, sorry!), I just kinda want to crawl under the covers.

This sort of thing seems to happen to me all the time. I was all set to be super productive today. I was going to exercise and clean my apartment and get lots of writing done. Now I'm thinking I'll probably just watch TV all day and eat whatever the hell I want instead of trying to diet. I even made a huge to-do list for today but I doubt much of it is going to get done (luckily the first thing on the list is to write a blog post, so maybe I can feel at least a little productive).

Seriously though, every time I make a plan to be super productive, something happens to throw me off. I'll get sick or the cat will get sick or there will just be too much noise. There's always something. Which I guess is just a lesson in life. There is usually something trying to throw you off your game. Sometimes it's easy to fight through it and ignore it. But when it's something like a cold and one of my goals is to exercise every day, it's not so easy. I could probably find a way to sit here and get some writing done even if I don't feel well. But I can't push myself to do something if it isn't physically possible.

I guess I'll just have to take this week one day at a time. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow and be able to get into the routine I wanted. If not, I'll just be in bed chugging cough syrup and aspirin.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick.
    Some days you fight through it and some days you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There REALLY is always something! Ugh! I feel your pain, I've so been there! I hope you feel better soon, and yes, one day at a time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just rest and work your way back. I had three cancelations on freelance projects this month because I just couldn't get those done. But at the same time the person made multiple orders at once when I strictly instruct to only do one at a time in case my schedule is full or I have personal things to deal with. At least I got one of his orders done. Today I am focused on finishing a repeat customer's work. It is also late but she understands and actually follows instructions. Random fatigue, flu and a wisdom extraction all in the same month sucks balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who every time she gets back on the exercise bandwagon, she gets sick. It's like a vicious cycle.

    I hope you feel up to doing something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday I was thinking about how I can plan all I want, but in the end...it's really okay if it doesn't all happen. So I've been trying to stick to God's schedule instead of my own and be at peace when things come up. Still, easier said than done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always seems when I get sick with a cold it's always that time of the month. It's best to just relax and be a couch potato until you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better fast! I'm the same way. I make plans to be super productive and it just falls apart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing more agonizing than getting a cold during that time! Like, ugh, WHY?! lol Just relax. You deserve it. Hope you feel better soon! Ooh, and maybe talk some scenes out into your phone recorder or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you aren't feeling well. Pat yourself on the back for writing up this post and then exercise some much needed rest. And eat whatever the heck you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better today. Be kind to yourself and don't get too down if you don't accomplish everything on your list. The good thing about lists is that they will still be there tomorrow or the day after waiting to be ticked off. Take care and thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you're feeling crappy. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes a day in bed is the best solution. Revel in it and enjoy it. Feeling guilty about it won't do you any good, make the most of it instead. Throw in a guilty pleasure tv show or book.

    ReplyDelete