06 February 2015

Cupcakes and Blog Progress

Things are a little crazy right now so I'll keep this short. My fiance woke up yesterday with some kind of stomach bug and luckily I have managed not to catch it yet but I have had a terrible headache since yesterday afternoon that just doesn't want to go away. I did take NyQuil last night and slept for about twelve hours so that was pretty nice, but anyway...

I promised cupcake pictures! I found a recipe online for something called "candy bar cake" and modified it into a cupcake recipe. It starts with just a box of yellow cake mix, but I added chocolate chips. The frosting is peanut butter cream cheese, and then I chopped up Snickers bars and Reese's peanut butter cups to throw on top. And since it made two dozen and my sister refused to keep any, I'm still eating them...


So I realized something awesome. January was a perfect blogging month for me! I managed to post something every Monday, Wednesday and Friday like I had hoped. That never happens! I actually have a binder with printed out calendar pages to keep track of my blog posts. If I have an idea or if there's a blog hop planned for a certain day, I make sure I write it in ahead of time. They don't get the little green check mark until I've actually posted them. This is pretty much as organized as I get. So I'm wondering if I can actually be organized with my blogging, why not everything else?? Like, say, editing! 


 We'll see, I guess. One step at a time...

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey, Sarah. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great positive post. Thanks and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, someone else with a blogging calendar! Good stuff on posting on schedule.
    And I'll take whatever cupcakes you aren't eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You started organising Sarah. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah. I've been seeing you round the blogosphere so decided to pop by. Those cupcakes look amazing. I rely on Pinterest for all my food needs, hahah. I've collected quite a nice food folder. Yummo. And I try to spend a day a week cooking a new recipe or two.

    Best of luck with the blogging. It does take time and organisation, but in my mind is worth it.

    Denise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, those cupcakes look delicious! And so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What yummy cupcakes. I'm afraid I'd eat all of them, too! My husband doesn't share my sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressed with the calendar. I got as far as a Word doc, but I keep forgetting to update it.

    I want a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry but I'm drooling all over your calendar!!! Because of the cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, if you want my address, you can send me a couple. lol. I'll wire the money!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, congrats on your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so good! I need a cupcake!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete