26 November 2014

Thanksgiving Cupcakes!

So I was going to write a *real* blog post today but since I'm always out of ideas and tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I figured I'd just share a few pictures of my latest baking adventure.

So in case you didn't know it by now, I've got a thing for cupcakes. They're just so much fun to make! I don't mess around with store bought cake mix or frosting, either. I took a cake decorating class when I was 13 and learned how to make buttercream frosting, so I really just can't see myself ever slapping canned frosting onto a cupcake with a butter knife. Nope. It's just something to be creative with, really. I like to think about what cake would go with what frosting and what filling. Then making them as pretty as possible :)

Anyhoo, I made these cupcakes to bring down to my sister's house for her birthday, and since I still have half the batch of frosting, I'm making them again for Thanksgiving. It just seemed like the logical thing to do. The cupcake itself is an applesauce cake with apple pie filling and cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Everything was made from scratch and they got some pretty good reviews.






I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone making any special treats? And is anyone else as obsessed with cupcakes as I am? 

7 comments:

  1. What makes you think of this as not a real post? Looks like a real post. A real yummy post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look very yummy, Sarah. At the grocery store this morning, I was lucky enough to get one of the pumpkin spice cupcakes the bakery was offering as free samples. I felt kind of piggish eating the whole thing (the frosting was very thick), but it really was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you made those?? Those aren't from some professional cupcake photo shoot? Seriously, they're gorgeous!!! Almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinnamon cream cheese frosting sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome! Sounds like a delicious Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete