10 November 2014

The First Step

I'm going to keep this short, because as usual, I'm stressed out beyond belief. I have to take Gizmo back to the vet AGAIN, this time for blood work just to make sure he can handle an anti-inflammatory medication. I didn't even really want to blog today, but I also didn't want to not blog. So yeah...

I want to take this whole getting back into editing thing one step at a time, and I think I figured out the first step. It's pretty easy--just read. I want to read the first five chapters of my book, because I think they're the best out of the whole thing, and reading them usually gets me excited about the story. I've also pretty much edited them to death and there isn't much more to do with them, besides maybe a few tweaks here and there. So I'm thinking reading this section will give me a boost of confidence and hopefully a feeling of excitement again.

The next thing I want to do is piece together a draft that I can send to a few more beta readers. It shouldn't take me too long (I hope) and I'd really like to get some more input. But of course, I'm getting ahead of myself. Today I'm just going to read. If I finish that and want to do more, then that's great. If not, that's ok, too.

10 comments:

  1. I often go back and read to get me back into the flow.

    I'm so sorry about Gizmo. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending healthy thoughts out for Gizmo right now! And I'm in the editing stages and re-reading the first half of my WIP for the first time in a few months. Its fun to go back and revisit the characters so early on in the story. They seem so innocent with a full life of promise ahead of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Gizmo will be all right!

    One day at a time. It makes it much easier to focus on a little bit than the entire thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great strategy. And I'm so sorry Gizmo is sick. I hope he gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea! Boost that confidence and then tackle the rest.
    Sorry about your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear that you're feeling more optimistic about jumping back in! Give poor Gizmo a stroke on the head for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear reading is encouraging you. Hope Gizmo's blood work turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm completely with you. Any time I'm struggling to get into editing, that's all it takes. You just have to remember how much you love a project. You're going to totally nail this next draft!

    Unleashing the Dreamworld

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you - I think your editing idea sounds perfect, Good luck, and take good care of yourself and Gizmo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been so guilty at procrastination with my editing. Lucky you for having beta readers, I don't have any and need to hunt for some! :D

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete