25 May 2016

Two Milestones for the Price of One!

Greetings! It's a special day here at the FFP (wait, I've never called it that before...). Not only is this my 400th blog post, it's also my FIFTH blogiversary. It's been exactly five years since I wrote my first blog post. I can't believe it's been that long, actually, or that I've written that many posts!

So I had a hard time figuring out what exactly I should do for this post. I knew I wanted to do something to celebrate, but nothing as crazy as another Muse Party or some other blogfest. Then I thought I could share some of my favorite posts from over the years, maybe even pick one for certain categories (favorite blogfest, favorite A to Z post, favorite old post with no comments). But then I realized I did something very similar for my third blogiversary. This wouldn't have been a big deal except a lot of the posts or category ideas that came to mind were already listed in that post.

So I decided to tweak the idea just a bit. I decided to just share posts from the last 100. I didn't want to share too many since I know there's no way people will actually go back and read them all, but here are just a few of my favorite highlights from the past 100 posts! (I went backwards chronologically, well, because it was easier to go through the posts that way...)

1. Evolving
My favorite post from this year's A to Z Challenge. Not only do our characters evolve as we continue to write them, but we evolve as writers as well. I always think it's funny when I read something I wrote a long time ago and see how awful it is, when at the time I thought it was fantastic!

2. The Muse Party Blogfest: (Anti-) Valentine's Day Edition
Because I had to! My favorite part may have been making the cartoons...

3. Something Clicked
Just because it was really awesome when this happened and I finally felt like I was ready to write again.

4. My Muse's Boyfriend
Probably the post that made me smile the most. Even though sometimes I want to strangle Adam...that pushy, perfect haired jerk. He's adorable, though. Dammit.

5. Jordan Takes Over: Let Sleeping Muses Lie
Well, I had to include a JTO, of course! While this wasn't exactly his most insightful post, it was definitely the funniest...

Five posts for five years is good, right? I didn't want to go too crazy. Well, that and I've been writing a lot of "woe is me" kind of posts for a while (until post #3 happened, basically). So those are no fun. 400 posts sure feels like a lot, so hopefully I'll still have ideas for the next 100!

11 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I remember reading all of those posts. =) Here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday or anniversary or blogversary. Not sure what to call it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Valentine's Day one with Jordan was really funny.
    Happy fifth anniversary and four hundred posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those posts when your characters take over. They're always so much fun.

    Congratulations on your milestones! Here's to another 400 posts and five more years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 'versary! Quite a milestone and I hope you keep going for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary! I loved your last Muse Party Blogfest post. Here's to many more blog posts :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 5 years. 400 posts, that is awesome. I really enjoyed your Blogfest blog hop. Here are to another five years of writing.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Sarah. Just shows what you can do when you stick with something for a while. Just wait until you reach your fifth book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary! (I'm really late lol). I can't believe it's been that long already!

    ReplyDelete