28 April 2014

X is for X Marks the Spot

I honestly couldn't come up with a good post for the letter X. I mean, come on, X? There aren't a lot of words that start with X. But as I was brainstorming, this phrase stuck in my mind, mostly because I've reached another point in my WIP where something BIG happens (and not something upsetting like in the infamous Chapter 17). Due to a rather impulsive (and sexy) moment, the whole dynamic of my characters' relationship is forced to change. This change moves the story forward, because such a dramatic moment can't go unnoticed. Things have to change, and eventually this leads to a breaking point.

So my X isn't just about my sexy scene (Aw, really? Darn.). It's about reaching the ending. I think it's going to happen a lot sooner than I initially thought, especially if I keep up the momentum I've had for the past few days. It's kind of bittersweet, because I really really want to finish, but that also means that I'm done writing. I love my book, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. Of course, I'll never really be done. Once the second draft is complete, there will be more edits (although I'm hoping not a complete rewrite again), agent research, queries, waiting, rejections, and hopefully at the end of that agonizing journey, I'll be published. Then that starts a whole different sort of journey.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. Right now, I just have to go write this sexy scene. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. When I finished the last book in my series I was excited to finish it, but I was sad because I had been writing my series for five years. The characters were so much a part of me. I didn't think I'd get past their story and be able to work on something new, but I did. At least I still get to visit them when I edit their stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this--reaching the end of a manuscript is a sad and eventful day. But it's also a time to celebrate, and before you know it, you'll be writing the next one! Best wishes with your marketing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sarah,

    Coming to the end of a book is indeed a sweet, yet kinda sad experience and it's also where the work starts.

    ReplyDelete